Sunday, May 2, 2010

I dedicate this post to.....


The one the only.......drumroll..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

ASHLEY HOFER!!!!!

Ashley and I have been friends for 4 years now. We met in Treble Choir (my sophomore year, and her freshman year) and were the only two people to sing our part. Once I found out she lived right around the corner, her fate was sealed, she would be my friend whether she liked it or not. Just a few weeks ago, I found out that she will be moving to Houston, TX (adding one more to the list of friends I have in Texas) with her family this summer. And while this doesn't affect much because next year we will both be at school anyways, it does make it harder to see her in the future. She won't be here for winter break, and summer, which is quite unfortunate because I am going to miss this girl!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to listen to Ashley sing for the first time in a while, she competed in the OMEA State Solo/Ensemble Competition and did amazing!....Okay.....well I didn't necessarily hear her compete....that's a story of its own.

Cassie and I drove down to McMinnville to watch the competition, we left a little late for multiple reasons and forgot how long it takes to get to McMinnville. We got there, parked, and then tried to find the building. Once we located the building, we ran about 1/4 mile to the building and got inside just as Ashley and her family were walking out of the room...

But that's all beside the point...so after that whole experience, we decided to go to McMinnville's famous Alf's for milkshakes! (They were quite delicious I might add, I got the peanut butter and added chocolate, best milkshake I have ever had!) While we waited we played trivia games and I now know that on the Time Magazine 1990 "Who gives a hoot?" Issue there was a spotted owl on the cover, which might come in handy at some point. We then drove back to Ashley's house, and had her re-perform her songs, which brings us to the point.

Ashley is an amazing girl with an amazing talent, and I really hope she realizes how great she is. The resonance, the tone, the quality, and the technique were all superb. And even though she was singing after just eating ice cream, it was amazing! She has come so far since the days when I stood next to her in choir. She is going to go far, I can't wait to hear her continue to improve! Maybe one day Ashley and I will hold a concert together in Carnegie Hall :) Only time can tell! While Ashley will probably never read this I hope she knows how much I look up to her.

Until later,
a truly amazed/jealous friend

No comments:

Post a Comment