Its been quite sometime since I last wrote anything so I figured I should explain why....My summers are not filled with weekend trips to the beach or vacations to far away places, although I sometimes wish they were! My summers are filled with work, working out, and babysitting. Occasionally I sleep or watch a movie...but that's about it....I know I know it sounds ridiculously boring and lame to most people but to me it's completely fine 99.5% of the time. The other .5% of the time I really wish I had something fun to do with friends, who knows maybe if I had something to do I would actually work less....Anyways, here are the reasons why I come home to Portland for the summer....
1. My job is just too convenient! If I was to come back home for a weekend I could have a job if I wanted. It is the biggest blessing in my life since baby lotion was created. And not only is it convenient, it is awesome! I get paid to play with little children, people don't look at me funny if I start acting like a little kid, and it's basically just the best! I also have wonderful friends from work that I love!
2. The families I babysit for are amazing! I primarily babysit for 3 families. They keep me plenty busy and sometimes I babysit for a family as often as 3 times a week! One of my all time favorite families has 5 happy, fun, energetic, loud, active boys. Did I mention that they are all boys!?! I love it! They are adorable. Grant, the oldest, is my little helper. When I ask him to watch the babies for a second so that I can do something else, he is on it! Luke, next in line, is the goof ball! He comes up with some of the wackiest sayings and jokes that I have ever hear! Max, middle child, is very intelligent! If he doesn't understand why something is the way it is, he won't leave me alone until he gets a good answer! And then their are the twins, Leo and Jake. Leo is much more of an independent baby, he will just hang out and do his own thing, on the other hand Jake likes to do everything that his older brothers are doing. He loves to be right where all the action is. We have had so many fun times! A scavenger hunt for buried treasure, making fathers day crafts, watching Hook! (Which happens to be an awesome movie!) and much much more!
3. I suppose my family should count. I love them, I really do! Sometimes they really drive me up the wall though!
4. My gym membership is free! I love working out! However, I don't have a membership to a gym at school because I am a cheap college kid! I would work out 6 days a week if I got my way every week! Sometimes it doesn't happen, but it's wonderful when it does!
5. Last but not least.....It's OREGON! The most beautiful place in the world! I love Oregon! I just wish I had more time to enjoy it, which is why I am going to make a list of things I want to do before the end of summer!
working too much