Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lost and Found

I recently "moved" back home from a short 8 month stay at school. And as most have experienced with moving, things get lost. While everyone hope for the select lost items to be of little value...this is rarely the case. I'll get to all of this later, first I want to talk about my time at school.

As we all know, I really dreaded going to school in the first place, so when I found myself enjoying my time there I was shocked more than anyone else. From the vast amount of attractive boys to choose from to the never ending opportunities for fun, college isn't all that bad after all, its actually slightly awesome. I am sure I will write more as time goes, so for now I will leave it at that.

OK, back on subject. So upon returning back to my house in Oregon (the best place on the planet) I found myself to be extremely exhausted. So I slept all day Sunday, babysat my adorable nephews (who happen to be sick) on Monday, and found myself miserable on Tuesday morning. I'm not sure if it was the drop in adrenaline or simply exposing myself to foreign diseases, however, I feel like someone is stomping on my nasal cavities and its getting slightly annoying to say the least. So upon remembrance that I still have health insurance, I decide a trip to the doctor might just be in my future, but when I can't for the life of me find my health insurance card I realize that this is the one thing I have not been able to find since I returned home. So I search in every imaginable place, the box I put all the last minute items, my wallet, laptop bag, even the container I store all my personal hygiene. Its no where to be found! After giving up the search, I begin to weigh the situation to see if its worth it to call and order a new insurance card or not. And as I was lying on my death bed, I rolled over and saw the apartment contract that I still need to sign and mail in, I pick it up to check the date that the money is due, and guess what falls out...That's right! My health insurance card!

I still haven't decided whether I should just be grateful I found it or annoyed that I didn't look there sooner! Chances are I will settle on a mixture of both but until then I am going to go to the doctor and get unsick!

I am sure other things will be lost before I am finally done with this transition stage of my life, but until then I just hope everything is found sooner or later!

Until later,
the lump on the bed

No comments:

Post a Comment